Cellphone Footage Leads to Murder Arrest in Shocking Case

Inset: Nicholas Ayres (Boone County Sheriff's Office). Background: The motel where Ayres allegedly killed Destiny Dunn in Columbia, Mo. (Google Maps). Authorities in Missouri have...
HomeUSNFL Star's Shocking Domestic Incident: Baby Endangered as Car Window Smashed

NFL Star’s Shocking Domestic Incident: Baby Endangered as Car Window Smashed

Ravens wide receiver Rashod Bateman faces legal troubles following his arrest in June, as detailed in court documents recently acquired by TMZ. The incident, which allegedly involved the mother of his child, has come to light months after the fact.

The arrest, which happened over two months ago, is making headlines after being largely under the radar till now.

Authorities reported that Bateman allegedly wielded an object to smash the windshield and the driver’s side window of a 2021 Mercedes-Benz. This vehicle, belonging to the victim, was damaged around 6 a.m. on June 3, in Georgia, according to TMZ’s findings.

Rashod Bateman has been with the Ravens for five seasons.

Rashod Bateman has been with the Ravens for five seasons. Getty Images

Disturbingly, their 3-month-old child was reportedly in the back seat of the car during the incident, escalating concerns about the situation’s severity.

The arrest warrant further details that shards of broken glass resulted in several small cuts on the woman’s face, adding to the gravity of the allegations.

Bateman’s attorneys said he surrendered to the Walton County Sheriff later that same day.

“It is unfortunate that a personal family situation has been taken completely out of context for sensational reasons,” Bateman’s lawyer, Jordan Siev, told TMZ. “We will let the court process play out and the facts will come out at that time.”

Bateman has continued participating with the Ravens throughout training camp in anticipation of the 2026 NFL season.

Rashod Bateman (7) was reportedly involved in a domestic incident on June 3.

Rashod Bateman (7) was reportedly involved in a domestic incident on June 3. Getty Images

“We are aware of the situation involving Rashod and have been in direct communication with him,” said the Ravens in a statement. “We notified the league office and have been cooperating throughout the process. As this is a pending legal matter, we will not have further comment.”

Bateman, 26, was the Ravens’ first-round pick in 2021, selected at No. 27 overall.

The Minnesota alum has recorded 157 catches for 2,147 receiving yards and 15 touchdowns in five seasons with Baltimore.

Last year, despite appearing in 13 games and making 12 starts, he only finished the year with 19 receptions for 224 yards and two touchdowns.

His best season came in 2024, where he ended the year with 45 catches, 756 yards and nine touchdowns.

Bateman agreed to a three-year extension worth $36.75 million last summer, with $20 million in guaranteed money.