Prince Andrew emailed Jeffrey Epstein after he claimed to cut him off
Share and Follow

Prince Andrew faces fresh pressure after it emerged he promised Jeffrey Epstein they would ‘play some more soon!’ weeks after supposedly cutting ties with the paedophile.

The Duke of York sent a bombshell email pledging to ‘keep in close touch’, despite claiming he had ceased all contact with the American financier weeks earlier, it has emerged.

The new evidence suggests Andrew may have lied in his infamous Newsnight interview. He insisted to Emily Maitlis in the disastrous 2019 grilling at Buckingham Palace that he had stopped seeing Epstein in early December 2010, when they were photographed walking through New York’s Central Park. 

The Duke said: ‘I never had any contact with him from that day forward.’

Yet sickening emails have emerged demolishing this claim, showing that in February 2011 Andrew wrote to his paedophile friend: ‘Keep in close touch and we’ll play some more soon!!!!’

Last night one of Epstein’s victims, Marijke Chartouni, said: ‘This solidifies the fact that Andrew has selective amnesia when it comes to his friendship with Epstein, just like other powerful men who knew him.’

Spencer Kuvin, a Florida lawyer who represents several Epstein victims, told the Mail: ‘The 2011 email clearly contradicts Andrew’s previous claims he stopped contacting Epstein in 2010. There should be further investigation.

‘The comment of ‘play some more soon’ – they’re not tennis partners, the only thing they were doing was partying together.’

The Duke of York said he had flown to New York to meet Jeffery Epstein to cut off contact (pictured in 2010)

The Duke of York said he had flown to New York to meet Jeffery Epstein to cut off contact (pictured in 2010) 

The well-known photograph showing the Duke of York next to Virginia Giuffre (pictured in 2001)

The well-known photograph showing the Duke of York next to Virginia Giuffre (pictured in 2001)

The Duke was spotted out riding at Windsor on Friday after hearing about the emails

The Duke was spotted out riding at Windsor on Friday after hearing about the emails 

The Duke of York sent a bombshell email pledging to 'keep in close touch', despite claiming he had ceased all contact with the American financier weeks earlier

The Duke of York sent a bombshell email pledging to ‘keep in close touch’, despite claiming he had ceased all contact with the American financier weeks earlier

The emails were revealed by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) as they defend an appeal by Jes Staley (pictured)

The emails were revealed by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) as they defend an appeal by Jes Staley (pictured)

It is the latest calamity for Prince Andrew, 64, already a royal pariah after being forced to step back from palace duties following the fallout from the Epstein scandal, and then the Chinese spy saga that sent shockwaves through the Government and the Palace.

There was another humiliating twist yesterday as it emerged an aide to the Duke told the alleged Chinese spy that the Newsnight interview had been ‘hugely ill-advised’.

Across the Atlantic, there was even more uncomfortable news for the Prince as Donald Trump’s choice to head the FBI pledged to expose more about Epstein’s network.

Kash Patel told senators: ‘I will do everything, if confirmed as FBI director, to make sure the American public knows the full weight of what happened in the past.’

He agreed to a senator’s demands to open up records ‘of who flew on Epstein’s plane and who helped him build an international human trafficking, sex trafficking ring’.

There is no suggestion that Andrew – who did fly on the financier’s private jet – was an accomplice of Epstein, who was facing trial for running a child-sex trafficking ring when he was found hanged in his cell in August 2019.

The new emails have emerged from legal filings in London involving the case of Jes Staley, the former boss of Barclays Bank. 

American Mr Staley, 68, is appealing against a decision by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) which slapped a ban and a £1.8 million fine on him for making two allegedly misleading statements over his close friendship to Epstein.

Epstein was found dead in his cell at a federal jail in Manhattan in August 2019 while he awaited trial on sex trafficking charges. The death was ruled a suicide

Epstein was found dead in his cell at a federal jail in Manhattan in August 2019 while he awaited trial on sex trafficking charges. The death was ruled a suicide

The new evidence suggests Andrew may have lied in his infamous Newsnight interview

The new evidence suggests Andrew may have lied in his infamous Newsnight interview

It recently emerged that an aide to the Duke told the alleged Chinese spy that the Newsnight interview had been 'hugely ill-advised'

It recently emerged that an aide to the Duke told the alleged Chinese spy that the Newsnight interview had been ‘hugely ill-advised’

In opposing the appeal, the FCA has disclosed emails said to demonstrate Epstein and Mr Staley were ‘most cherished’ friends, and some of the emails involve what the FCA refers to as ‘a member of the British Royal Family’, understood to be Andrew.

On June 15, 2010, Epstein – recently released from a US prison – emailed Andrew asking him: ‘If you can find time to show Jes around that would be fun.’ 

The Duke replied to say he had seen Mr Staley in Harry’s Bar, and was having ‘dinner with Jes tomorrow evening’. Andrew was a regular diner at Harry’s Bar in Mayfair.

In December that year, Andrew was pictured in New York with Epstein. He had flown there ‘with the sole purpose’ of ending their relationship, and during their walk in Central Park they had agreed to part company, the Duke told the Newsnight interview, stating: ‘And to this day I never had any contact with him from that day forward.’

Yet one of the FCA emails explodes that claim as an apparent lie. The notorious Central Park photographs were published in the News of the World, followed a week later by the photo of Andrew, then 41, with his hand around the waist of teenager Virginia Roberts, now Giuffre, in socialite Ghislaine Maxwell’s mews house in Mayfair.

A day after this, on February 28, 2011, Andrew emailed Epstein and discussed the press articles before writing: ‘Keep in close touch and we’ll play some more soon!!!!’, according to the emails.

It is the latest calamity for Prince Andrew, 64, already a royal pariah after being forced to step back from palace duties following the fallout from the Epstein scandal, and then the Chinese spy saga that sent shockwaves through the Government and the Palace

It is the latest calamity for Prince Andrew, 64, already a royal pariah after being forced to step back from palace duties following the fallout from the Epstein scandal, and then the Chinese spy saga that sent shockwaves through the Government and the Palace

Ghislaine Maxwell (right) was jailed for 20 years in 2922 for finding girls for Epstein to abuse

Ghislaine Maxwell (right) was jailed for 20 years in 2922 for finding girls for Epstein to abuse

There is no suggestion that Andrew ¿ who did fly on the financier's private jet ¿ was an accomplice of Epstein

There is no suggestion that Andrew – who did fly on the financier’s private jet – was an accomplice of Epstein

The astonishingly crass remark flies in the face of the Duke’s story to Newsnight, when he repeatedly insisted he had cut off all contact with Epstein. 

He promised there was ‘no contact’, and when she pressed him, he doubled down. 

Asked why he had gone to stay with a convicted sex offender, the Duke said he felt it was ‘the right thing to do’ to meet him in person to say ‘terribly sorry… I can’t see you [any more]’. 

Andrew said: ‘We had an opportunity to go for a walk in the park… I said to him, I said, ‘Look, because of what has happened, I don’t think it is appropriate that we should remain in contact’.’

In 2022, Andrew paid Mrs Giuffre an undisclosed sum, reported to be £12 million, to settle her civil claim for sex assault without any admission of wrongdoing.

Maxwell, 63, was jailed for 20 years in the same year for finding girls for Epstein to abuse.

A spokesman for the Duke was approached for comment.

Share and Follow
You May Also Like
Actor known for 80s cult classic is seen on rare outing... guess who?

Iconic ’80s Movie Star Spotted in Rare Public Appearance – Can You Guess Who?

An actor, famed for his role in an iconic 80s cult film,…
Fugitive football coach Travis Turner 'left home with a firearm'

Breaking: Fugitive Football Coach Travis Turner on the Run with Firearm – Latest Updates Inside!

It has come to light that Travis Turner, a former high school…
Gas prices drop below $3 per gallon, lowest since 2021

Gas Prices Plummet to Two-Year Low: Now Under $3 Per Gallon

(NewsNation) — In a surprising shift, gas prices have dipped below $3…
Woman Queen Soulara Kadija Tall reunites with long-lost dad after 27 years by tracking him down on Facebook

Queen Soulara Kadija Tall Reconnects with Father After 27 Years Through Facebook Discovery

A woman has been reunited with her father after 27 years, thanks…
VIDEO: Florida deputies arrest 3 teens involved in "door kick challenge"

Watch: Florida Teens Arrested for Viral ‘Door Kick Challenge’ Prank – What You Need to Know!

ST. JOHNS, Fla. (WFLA) — On November 23, the St. Johns County…
WWE sex symbol shocks fans after resurfacing at 65 - see her now

WWE Icon Returns: 65-Year-Old Former Diva Stuns Fans with Timeless Comeback

During the late 1990s, Debra Marshall emerged as one of the most…
Chilling details revealed after American, 43, is found dead in Tobago

Tragic Discovery: American Tourist, 43, Found Dead in Tobago with Unsettling Details Uncovered

A suspect has been taken into custody in connection with the shocking…
Pro-Palestinian agitators storm popular fashion store in Manhattan on Black Friday, 4 arrested: NYPD

Pro-Palestinian Protesters Disrupt Black Friday Shopping at Manhattan Fashion Store, Leading to Four Arrests: NYPD Reports

The New York City Police Department (NYPD) reported that at least four…