HomeUSU.S. Military Conducts Targeted Strike on Suspected Drug Vessel in the Pacific,...

U.S. Military Conducts Targeted Strike on Suspected Drug Vessel in the Pacific, Resulting in Three Fatalities

Share and Follow

The United States military has announced the elimination of three individuals identified as alleged narco-terrorists in a recent operation targeting a suspected drug vessel in the Pacific Ocean.

The U.S. Southern Command revealed that the attack, aimed at a vessel reportedly run by Designated Terrorist Organizations, was executed on Friday under the orders of commander Gen. Francis L. Donovan. This marks the fourth operation of its kind that SOUTHCOM has publicized this week.

“Intelligence verified that the vessel was navigating established drug-trafficking routes in the Eastern Pacific and was actively involved in such operations,” stated SOUTHCOM on its social media platform, X. “During this mission, three male narco-terrorists were neutralized. U.S. military personnel sustained no injuries.”

To date, the U.S. has conducted at least 42 strikes against alleged drug-smuggling vessels, resulting in the deaths of 147 individuals across the Caribbean and Eastern Pacific regions.

Lethal kinetic strike in black and white unclassified footage

The Joint Task Force Southern Spear executed a targeted strike on a vessel associated with Designated Terrorist Organizations in the Eastern Pacific on February 20. This action was intended to disrupt drug-trafficking activities, resulting in the deaths of three male narco-terrorists, while U.S. forces remained unharmed. (@Southcom / X)

SOUTHCOM is responsible for military operations in Central and South America and the Caribbean, including counter-narcotics missions focused on disrupting drug trafficking networks that threaten U.S. interests. 

Earlier this week, SOUTHCOM said it carried out three strikes in the Eastern Pacific and Caribbean, killing 11. 

narco-terrorism

The Pentagon says it carried out three strikes against suspected narco-terrorist vessels on Monday. (Pentagon)

“Eleven male narco-terrorists were killed during these actions, 4 on the first vessel in the Eastern Pacific, 4 on the second vessel in the Eastern Pacific, and 3 on the third vessel in the Caribbean,” it said.

U.S. Secretary of War Pete Hegseth salutes

Secretary of War Pete Hegseth recently said some cartel drug traffickers operating in the U.S. Southern Command area of responsibility have halted narcotics activity following recent U.S. military strikes in the Caribbean. (Alex Wong/Getty Images)

No American forces were harmed in those operations either, according to the command.

Share and Follow