US Coast Guard stops ocean smuggling operations off San Diego
Share and Follow


() Reports of human smuggling by ocean have jumped tenfold in San Diego in recent years.

Panga-style boats, or small, low-slung fishing boats, are usually used by illegal immigrants entering the U.S. from Baja California, Mexico.

The most recent case from Mission Bay Beach occurred early Sunday morning when the U.S. Coast Guard intercepted a 25-foot panga-style vessel carrying 16 people about 15 miles off the coast of Mission Bay.

The U.S. Coast Guard reported the suspicious vessel around midnight and launched a joint operation with U.S. Customs and Border Protection’s Air and Marine Operations. Upon boarding the vessel, the crew discovered 16 individuals aboard all of whom were Mexican nationals.

They were safely transferred to the U.S. Border Patrol agents for further processing. Last week, there was another smuggling attempt intercepted by the Coast Guard 20 miles off the coast of Point Loma.

U.S. Border Patrol notified Coast Guard personnel of a panga-style vessel heading northbound. The U.S. Coast Guard intercepted the vessel, and upon boarding, discovered 14 illegal immigrants from Mexico, who were then transferred to U.S. Border Patrol custody.

In a press release, the Coast Guard said: “The Alien Migrant Interdiction Operations (AMIO) mission provides effective law enforcement presence at sea and achieves three main objectives: Deter undocumented migrants and transnational smugglers from using maritime routes to enter the U.S.; detect and interdict undocumented migrants and smugglers far from the U.S. border.”

This comes as the Coast Guard has directed additional resources and assistance for maritime smuggling under President Trump’s latest executive order.

Under orders from President Donald Trump, the U.S. military is coordinating with federal partners to remove illegal foreign nationals, and the U.S. Coast Guard has expanded operations nationwide.

Its current role is “to assist with the national transport of aliens to designated locations in Texas and California, where the Department of Defense will transport the aliens internationally,” it says.

The U.S. Coast Guard says they’ll continue conducting anti-smuggling operations off the coast of San Diego beaches to prevent illegal immigrants from reaching the shore.

Share and Follow
You May Also Like
Fugitive football coach Travis Turner 'left home with a firearm'

Breaking: Fugitive Football Coach Travis Turner on the Run with Firearm – Latest Updates Inside!

It has come to light that Travis Turner, a former high school…
President Donald Trump says he's terminating all orders Joe Biden signed with autopen

Trump Vows to Revoke Biden’s Autopen Orders: A Bold Move in Presidential Power Play

WASHINGTON, DC — On Friday, former President Donald Trump announced that any…
Trump brands Tim Walz the R-word and accuses Ilhan Omar of incest

Trump Criticizes Tim Walz and Makes Controversial Claims About Ilhan Omar

Donald Trump has announced his intention to address America’s illegal immigration issues…
Jacksonville Holiday River Fest: Know before you go

Essential Guide to Jacksonville’s Holiday River Fest: What You Need to Know Before Attending

Jacksonville is all set to dazzle its residents with the first-ever Holiday…
Americans are finally realizing why we don't eat turkey eggs

Discover Why Turkey Eggs Aren’t a Staple on the American Table

As families gather around to enjoy their Thanksgiving feasts, a curious question…
Exclusive | Marine vet tells The Post why some Afghans 'turn on' US forces they fight with: 'Happens a lot more than people suspect'

Veteran Reveals Surprising Reasons Behind Afghan Allies’ Betrayal of US Troops

WASHINGTON — A Marine Force Reconnaissance veteran, who completed eight deployments in…
Meghan must suspect her days as a duchess are numbered. Here's why...

Is Meghan’s Royal Title at Risk? Discover the Reasons Behind the Speculation

Meghan Markle’s recent Harper’s Bazaar interview dazzled with its polished allure, yet…
Trump's 'real' plan for Ukraine war 'revealed' with $300bn boost to US

Trump Unveils Strategic Ukraine War Proposal with $300 Billion Impact on US Economy

Donald Trump is reportedly keen to forge business partnerships with Vladimir Putin,…