Share and Follow
The U.S. military has issued a stern warning to Iran, stating it will not accept “any unsafe and unprofessional behavior” directed at American forces in the Middle East. This warning comes as Iran prepares for live-fire naval exercises in the strategic Strait of Hormuz.
This announcement coincides with the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) of Iran planning a two-day exercise commencing on Sunday, as reported by the U.S. Central Command (CENTCOM). Earlier this week, President Donald Trump revealed that a “massive Armada” is en route to Iran, spearheaded by the USS Abraham Lincoln aircraft carrier.
CENTCOM emphasized that while the U.S. acknowledges Iran’s right to conduct operations professionally in international waters and airspace, any reckless actions near U.S. forces, allies, or commercial vessels could lead to collisions, escalations, and instability.
The command assured that it will take all necessary measures to protect U.S. personnel, ships, and aircraft in the region. It stated that it will not tolerate hazardous IRGC activities, such as flying over U.S. military vessels conducting operations, low-altitude or armed flights over U.S. assets with unclear intentions, high-speed boat approaches on a collision course with U.S. ships, or aiming weapons at American forces.

An image released by CENTCOM shows an F/A-18E Super Hornet launching from the deck of the USS Abraham Lincoln during routine operations in the Arabian Sea, serving as a reminder of the ongoing military presence in the region.
“The U.S. military has the most highly trained and lethal force in the world and will continue to operate with the highest levels of professionalism and adhere to international norms. Iran’s IRGC must do the same,” it also said.Â
CENTCOM described the Strait or Hormuz as “an international sea passage and an essential trade corridor that supports regional economic prosperity.”Â

The USS Abraham Lincoln sails in the Pacific Ocean in this photo released in August 2024. (U.S. Navy photo by Mass Communication Specialist Seaman Apprentice Daniel Kimmelman)
“On any given day, roughly 100 of the world’s merchant vessels transit the narrow strait,” it said.
Secretary of War Pete Hegseth said during a Cabinet meeting this week that the Department of War will “be prepared to deliver whatever this president expects” following a warning to Iran about its nuclear program.Â

Secretary of War Pete Hegseth speaks during a Cabinet meeting at the White House on Thursday, Jan. 29, 2026. (Evan Vucci/AP)
Trump said Wednesday Iran that “time is running out” to strike a deal. Â