Inset: Steven Shannon (Allen County Sheriff’s Office). Background: The Allen County Jail in Fort Wayne, Ind. (Google Maps).
A man from Indiana has been detained after he allegedly went to his ex-girlfriend’s residence and launched a violent attack on her new partner, with the purported aim of committing murder.
Steven Shannon, aged 47, faces charges of attempted murder following a violent encounter at his former girlfriend’s home in Fort Wayne, Indiana, this past Sunday.
Local CBS affiliate WANE reported that police were called to the scene around 9:30 p.m., where they discovered a man who had been severely beaten. Witnesses at the scene allegedly identified Shannon as the aggressor, and his ex-girlfriend informed the police that Shannon had allegedly sent several menacing texts, warning he intended to “battle” her current boyfriend.
Court records obtained by WANE reveal that Shannon’s text messages to his ex-girlfriend included the ominous statement, “if he’s still there that means he’s prepared to do battle,” further suggesting that the confrontation would be “to the death.”
When police tracked down Shannon, he claimed that he only went to his ex-girlfriend’s house to make sure she was not using drugs. He told police he entered through the home’s back door, like he did when he lived there. Shannon also claimed that he was the one who was beaten during the alleged fight and that the victim was the one wielding a knife. According to court documents, Shannon told police that he and the other man were “tussling” before he purportedly “blacked out” and left the home.
The woman told police Shannon left her home when he heard sirens.
Shannon was booked into the Allen County Jail, where he is being held on $120,000 bond. He is due to appear in court on Aug. 31.
The post Man showed up at ex’s house to fight her new boyfriend ‘to the death,’ ripped door from hinges to get inside, police say first appeared on Law & Crime.