
An Alabama teenager has been charged following a brutal knife attack on his parents in their quiet, private community. During the attack, the teen reportedly threatened his father, saying he was “gonna kill” him as he allegedly stabbed him. Newly released photos reveal the blood-stained front porch where his mother tragically lost her life.
The horrific incident was recorded by home surveillance cameras on Sunday night on Augustine Drive in the attractive Belforest complex. The footage captured the moment the 17-year-old threatened and allegedly assaulted his father with a knife.
Neighbor Shawn Scurry, 51, recounted the chilling details to The Post on Wednesday, saying, “You can hear both of them coming out of the house and there’s like one scream from the mom.”
Scurry continued, “Then the father is arguing with his son – and when I say arguing, it’s more of a desperate plea, as in, ‘Why are you doing this?’
He added that in the clip, the father repeatedly begged, “I don’t want to die. Please stop. No.” His cries for help grew louder and more desperate as he implored, “Somebody help me, please, help me,” recalled Scurry.
At one point, the audio captures the son “telling [the dad] he was gonna kill him.”
“Those words are in the video,” she said.
Meanwhile, a large pool of blood stained the front entrance of a neighbor’s home where cops say 37-year-old Samantha Baker was butchered around 9 p.m. Sunday.
Another haunting image exclusively obtained by The Post shows blood splattered and smeared across a glass window overlooking the spot where Samantha was found dead.
The bloodbath began after Samantha and her 46-year-old husband Lance Baker got into a heated argument with their 17-year-old son over a disciplinary issue inside their family home, Baldwin County Sheriff’s Office Captain Justin Correa told The Post Wednesday.
That’s when the boy – whose name is being withheld by police – turned a kitchen knife on his parents, allegedly stabbing them both “multiple times,” according to Correa.
The parents fled outside in a desperate bid to escape – but the attack continued.
Lance’s spine-chilling screams could be heard as he ran door to door down the block, leaving bloodied handprints on neighbors’ front doors while seeking help – with his son right on his tail, according to the traumatized neighbor.
“It was like fighting off a bee that keeps stinging you,” Scurry said, and claimed that another neighbor’s surveillance camera captured the teen repeatedly stabbing his father outside another nearby home.
Correa confirmed that doorbell camera footage of the assault had been handed over to police, and said at least “a few” of the neighbors were not home when Lance was looking for help.
Lance only “went to doors where people were on vacation – that’s why they didn’t answer and that’s why he was becoming helpless,” Scurry claimed.
Scurry, who was home at the time, only became slightly aware of the horror unfolding when she spotted the Bakers’ dog wandering around her front door.
“I walked with the dog back to their house, rang their doorbell. Nobody answered and I went around to the garage,” she recalled.
That’s when she heard cries in the distance.
“I heard… ‘Help me.’ I couldn’t find where it was coming from,” Scurry said, adding that she went back into her home after that.
The teen eventually retreated to his family’s home and called 911, said authorities, who described the attack as an isolated domestic matter.
Cops arrested him at the home without incident, according to Correa, who pushed back on reports that the alleged killer barricaded himself inside the house.
As emergency crews flooded their typically quiet street, Scurry said she stepped outside again and saw Samantha’s body before the coroner arrived.
“I saw her face down with stab wounds all over her back,” the shaken neighbor said.
Samantha, a realtor, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Lance, a US Army Reserve Battalion Commander with the 1184th Deployment and Distribution Support Battalion in Mobile, was flown to a local hospital in critical condition, according to cops.
As of Wednesday, the father of two was still in the hospital, where his condition had become stable, Correa said.
The teen, who will be tried as an adult, is facing charges of murder and attempted murder. He is being held in jail on a $1 million bond after his arraignment on Monday.
The family’s younger teen son was not at the home at the time of the attack, police said.
“A very sad event for sure,” Correa said.