HomeUSShia LaBeouf Flees Custody, Encounters Embarrassing Incident During Mardi Gras Celebration

Shia LaBeouf Flees Custody, Encounters Embarrassing Incident During Mardi Gras Celebration

Share and Follow

Shia LaBeouf was seen looking subdued as he stepped out of a New Orleans jail on Tuesday morning, following an overnight stay.

Exclusive images captured by the Daily Mail show the 39-year-old actor in public for the first time after his arrest over an alleged bar fight involving two men. According to a spokesperson from the New Orleans Police Department, LaBeouf is now facing two charges of simple battery.

Donning the same white ‘Stacey Services’ T-shirt, jogging pants, and black sneakers he wore the previous day, LaBeouf was spotted tearing off a paper wristband. He declined to disclose the amount of his bail and quickly transitioned into a jog. A witness reported to the Daily Mail that LaBeouf made a stop at a Shell gas station where he bought a Gatorade.

Embarking on a two-mile walk, LaBeouf eventually reached the Mardi Gras parade route. There, he seemed to enjoy a Topo Chico drink before slipping into Cajun Mike’s Pub and Grub.

As the day unfolded, LaBeouf switched to enjoying a cold beer amidst the celebrations. He took time to chat with fans and treated himself to a new shirt and pair of glasses from the VooDoo Mart. In his refreshed attire, he was also photographed sipping on a Paradise Park lager.

Notably, LaBeouf’s wedding ring was missing, fueling rumors that the actor has split from actress Mia Goth, with whom he shares a daughter, Isabel, born in 2022.

This is the first time the 39-year-old Los Angeles native has been seen since he was arrested just after midnight on Monday after allegedly assaulting two men in a bar brawl

This is the first time the 39-year-old Los Angeles native has been seen since he was arrested just after midnight on Monday after allegedly assaulting two men in a bar brawl

LaBeouf was photographed chugging a Paradise Park

LaBeouf was photographed chugging a Paradise Park

Goth, 32, was seen without her ring as well on February 2 as she stepped out in Pasadena, California, as PageSix reported that they quietly split a year ago.

LaBeouf has previously credited Goth, 32, as having ‘saved [his] f*****g life,’ once revealing on an episode of the REAL ONES podcast that ‘she gave me hope when I was really running on fumes.’ 

The Daily Mail has contacted representatives for both LaBeouf and Goth.

LaBeouf was in New Orleans appearing to take part in the Mardi Gras celebrations, when he was arrested outside of a Royal Street bar in the French Quarter.

According to the police report, a staff member attempted to eject LaBeouf from the establishment, but the star struck the victim using a closed fist several times.

LaBeouf then left, but came back, ‘acting even more aggressive,’ according to the report.

Multiple people attempted to hold him down, but he was eventually let up in hopes that he would leave. However, he is alleged to have struck the same victim in the upper body with closed fists, then punched another person in the nose.

The actor was again held down by at least two men until officers arrived, the police report said.

The New Orleans Police Department confirmed to the Daily Mail that the star was taken to a hospital for treatment of unknown injuries before being booked.

Shia LaBeouf looked somber as he was seen leaving a New Orleans jail alone on Tuesday morning in exclusive images

After he left the jail, an eyewitness said he walked into a Shell gas station convenience store and bought a Gatorade

After he left the jail, an eyewitness said he walked into a Shell gas station convenience store and bought a Gatorade

LaBeouf bolted upon being released Tuesday morning

LaBeouf bolted upon being released Tuesday morning 

The star walked to join the revelers

The star walked to join the revelers 

In footage from that night, the actor has a T-shirt over his head, exposing his large back tattoo, and blood on his arm. At one point, he can be seen sitting in the trunk of a vehicle while speaking to several people at the scene. He was also pictured on a gurney in the back of an ambulance.

It is not clear what led to the incident. 

It seemed as if LaBeouf – who has previously claimed to be sober – had been partying all day and into the night. 

Earlier on Monday, he was seen wearing a brimmed red hat, adorned with what appeared to be festive ornamentation, while holding a bottle of beer. And on X, he had shared a selfie flaunting his Mardi Gras beads.

This isn’t the star’s first brush with the law. 

In June 2014, he was arrested for disorderly conduct and criminal trespass at Studio 54 in New York City after being disruptive during a Broadway performance of Cabaret. According to reports at the time, he started smoking in the theater, yelling at the actors and using vulgar language.

He later pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct after the outburst and was sentenced to six months of outpatient alcohol rehab.

The actor was seen with a beer on Tuesday, just hours after leaving the jailhouse

The actor was seen with a beer on Tuesday, just hours after leaving the jailhouse

The star put his arm around a Mardi Gras reveler

He looked down as people stood by him, seemingly not recognizing the actor

The actor carried his cup of beer down the New Orleans street

The actor carried his cup of beer down the New Orleans street

He could be seen emptying the beer into a clear cup

He could be seen emptying the beer into a clear cup

In 2015, he was arrested for public intoxication in Austin, Texas. At the time, a witness claimed to TMZ that the actor seemed under the influence and had been jaywalking in front of police officers.

He was arrested in 2017 after an altercation at the actor’s livestreamed anti-Trump art installation in Queens. LaBeouf allegedly grabbed a man’s scarf and pushed him to the ground. However, the charges against him were dropped.

That same year, he was arrested again, this time in Savannah, Georgia, for public intoxication and disorderly conduct, after which he attended court-ordered rehab.

In 2020 there was an incident in Los Angeles involving misdemeanor battery and theft, which resulted in mandated therapy, 12-step programs and sobriety monitoring. 

The same year, singer FKA Twigs sued LaBeouf, who she dated from 2018-2019, accusing him of sexual battery, assault, and infliction of emotional distress during their brief relationship.

The singer – whose legal name is Tahliah Debrett Barnett – once told the New York Times: ‘What I went through with Shia was the worst thing I’ve ever been through in the whole of my life.

‘I don’t think people would ever think that it would happen to me. But I am not immune.’

Shia responded to the allegations in the New York Times, and admitted he had been ‘abusive to myself and everyone around me for years.’

However, he insisted that ‘many of these allegations are not true,’ but also said he owed the women ‘the opportunity to air their statements publicly and accept accountability for those things I have done.’

On February 2, Mia Goth stepped out in Pasadena without her wedding ring

On February 2, Mia Goth stepped out in Pasadena without her wedding ring

LaBeouf was arrested in New Orleans on Tuesday morning, according to the New Orleans Police Department

LaBeouf was arrested in New Orleans on Tuesday morning, according to the New Orleans Police Department

The incident took place outside a bar on Royal Street in the French Quarter. The brawl was so bad that paramedics were called to the scene

The incident took place outside a bar on Royal Street in the French Quarter. The brawl was so bad that paramedics were called to the scene

The former child star is now facing two charges of simple battery, police confirmed

The former child star is now facing two charges of simple battery, police confirmed

The star was seen on Monday with a beer bottle in his hand

The star was seen on Monday with a beer bottle in his hand

But two years after Barnett filed her lawsuit, LaBeouf appeared on the REAL ONES podcast. Without naming Barnett, he said: ‘I hurt that woman.

‘And in the process of doing that, I hurt many other people, and many other people before that woman. I was a pleasure-seeking, selfish, self-centered, dishonest, inconsiderate, fearful human being.’

Barnett later filed to end the lawsuit with prejudice, meaning she cannot refile the claims in the future. Their lawyers confirmed in July 2025 that they had ‘agreed to settle [the] case out of court.’ 

In the joint statement, the couple wished ‘each other personal happiness, professional success and peace in the future.’

Share and Follow