HomeCeleb LifestyleAriana Grande Criticizes Trump Administration for Unauthorized Use of Her Song on...

Ariana Grande Criticizes Trump Administration for Unauthorized Use of Her Song on TikTok

Ariana Grande once again finds herself in the spotlight as she pushes back against President Donald Trump’s administration.

The 33-year-old pop sensation swiftly countered after a TikTok post from the Trump campaign on August 20 featured one of her songs.

In the video, the Team Trump account used the lyrics from Grande’s 2024 release “We Can’t Be Friends” by captioning, “Me and my truth we sit in silence…” alongside a clip of the president.

Accompanying the clip was a provocative message that stated, “Men can’t have babies and should never compete in women’s sports.”

Taylor Swift Has Her Music Removed From TikToks By Donald Trump

This isn’t the first time that music icons are distancing themselves from political misinformation. Recently, Taylor Swift reportedly ensured her track “I Bet You Think About Me” was scrubbed from various TikTok videos shared by Donald Trump’s social media crew. In an attempt to rally his base, the White House previously overlaid Swift’s 2021 hit on footage of the 80-year-old Trump addressing his followers, drawing attention to the song’s lyrics with a compelling caption.

“This shouldn’t be controversial! #trump #arianagrande #maga,” said the caption.

The post was set to the tune of “We Can’t Be Friends” but has since been removed. (“This sound isn’t available,” the post now reads.)

Grande commented on the post, “Never use my music again. Also, your truth is false.”

Grande previously hit out at the White House for using her song “Bye” in a video promoting the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) in June.

katyperrydonaldtrump.png

Katy Perry is slamming President Donald Trump’s administration after the official White House TikTok account featured her hit song “Firework” in a video highlighting ongoing U.S. military strikes in Iran. “I am deeply appalled and angry to see ‘Firework’ used on the @WhiteHouse TikTok account as a backing track for video footage of military strikes,” […]

“Bye-bye 👋 President Trump has delivered the most secure border in history,” the White House captioned the video.

“Please do not ever use ⁠my music in relation to this barbaric, inhumane, heinous ​nonsense. Fck ice,” Grande commented on the post, and the audio was subsequently removed.

In a statement to Us at the time, White House spokesperson Abigail Jackson said, “We’ll say this one last time: what’s actually barbaric, inhumane, and heinous are the criminal illegal aliens who have injured and murdered innocent American citizens.”

Grande previously clashed with Trump’s White House in September 2025 when she reshared influencer Matt Bernstein’s Instagram post calling out people who supported Trump in the 2024 presidential election.

Kesha Slams Trump After White House Uses Her Song in Pro-War Video

Kesha has called President Donald Trump a “criminal predator” and condemned the White House’s use of her song “Blow” in a pro-war TikTok video. “It’s come to my attention that The White House has used one of my songs on TikTok to incite violence and threaten war [prior to the Iran conflict],” Kesha, 39, wrote […]

“It’s been 250 days,” the post began. “Now that immigrants have been violently torn from their families and communities have been destroyed, now that trans people have been blamed for virtually everything and live in fear, now that free speech is on the brink of collapse for us all — has your life gotten better?”

The post continued, “Have your groceries gotten cheaper? Has your health insurance premium gone down? Has your work/life balance improved? Can you take a vacation yet? Are you happier? Has the widespread suffering of others paid off for you in the way he promised it would, or are you still waiting?”

At the time, White House spokesperson Kush Desai hit out at Grande in a statement to multiple outlets.

“Save your tears, Ariana, because President Trump’s actions ended Joe Biden’s inflation crisis and are bringing in trillions in new investments,” Desai said. “He even signed an executive order just like magic that paved the way for the FTC to crack down on Ticketmaster for ripping off Ariana Grande’s concert-going fans. Get well soon, Ariana!”