
Meghan Markle might be stepping back into the acting spotlight sooner than anticipated. The Duchess of Sussex is reportedly in discussions to feature in the third season of Netflix’s “The Gentlemen” as she plans a return to the UK.
According to a report from Deadline on Friday, Markle is being considered for an undisclosed role in the action-comedy series helmed by Guy Ritchie.
Page Six has contacted Markle’s representative for any comments regarding this potential development.
“The Gentlemen,” which stars Theo James, made its Netflix debut in March 2024. Fans can look forward to the second season’s premiere on September 3.
A spokesperson for Netflix has confirmed to Page Six that the successful series will indeed be returning for a third installment.
The latest casting buzz comes after Australian outlet News.com.au reported Friday that Markle had been “offered a role in an upcoming project based in the UK.”
A source told Page Six there have been “inquiries in the entertainment space recently” and that Markle is considering her options, but stressed that “nothing is confirmed right now.”
“Something is being discussed, but it’s not solid,” the source added.
Markle is best known for playing Rachel Zane on the legal drama “Suits,” appearing on the series for seven season from 2011 to 2018.
She also appeared in films including “Remember Me” and “Horrible Bosses,” alongside her television work, before her engagement to Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex, in 2017.
Markle’s potential return to acting has been brewing for a while. In November 2025, she was linked to “Close Personal Friends,” a star-studded film featuring Brie Larson, Lily Collins, Jack Quaid and Henry Golding, with Markle reportedly set to play herself.
The film has yet to announce a release date.
“This is a massive moment for Meghan and signifies a return to doing what she truly loves,” a source from Amazon MGM Studios, the production company behind the film, told the Sun at the time. “It’s Meghan’s way of gently putting her toe back in the water and seeing how she enjoys being back on set.
The source also said Markle’s husband had been fully supportive of her latest career move, adding that he just wanted her to “do whatever brings her joy.”
Markle’s acting comeback made headlines in April after former “Suits” co-star Eric Roberts revealed the month before that she was plotting a return to the screen.
A senior Los Angeles casting agent later told Page Six that Markle had been “bombarded” with offers from studios and production companies for a slew of roles.
“Meghan has been the hottest talking point in Hollywood circles in the last couple of weeks,” the agent claimed at the time. “The very suggestion that she is planning to come back to acting has prompted interest the likes [of which] I have never seen in my three decades in the business.”
News of Markle’s potential appearance in “The Gentlemen” comes on the heels of the bombshell revelation that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex will return to the UK at the end of the month for an “extended period.”
Page Six confirmed Wednesday that the couple’s children, Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet, will also be enrolled at a school in Britain.
“The palace was made aware of the move,” a source told Page Six, noting that King Charles III was informed Sunday of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s impending return.
Another insider told Page Six, “I know that Charles is the reason they are moving back.”