Karl Stefanovic Exits Today Show After Ally Langdon’s Comments on Weight

In a dramatic on-air moment during Wednesday's Today show, Karl Stefanovic took a brief exit from the set after his co-host, Allison Langdon, made...
HomeUSTerror Strikes Paris: Three Women Stabbed, Brave Crowd Overpowers Alleged Attacker

Terror Strikes Paris: Three Women Stabbed, Brave Crowd Overpowers Alleged Attacker

In Paris, a chaotic scene unfolded on Monday when a man, after allegedly stabbing three women, reportedly claimed to his captors, “it is Allah who commanded me.” This statement was made as the crowd restrained him following the attack, which is being treated as an apparent act of terror.

These unsettling events follow another violent stabbing in England and the vehicular assault on a Pride parade in Berlin, indicating a disturbing trend of attacks across Europe.

In the Paris attack, a 31-year-old man, whose identity has not yet been disclosed, was witnessed on the ground after the alleged stabbing of three women, one of whom is reportedly pregnant. Officials are continuing to investigate the specifics of the case.

Paris police at a stabbing attack

Law enforcement officers were on high alert as they patrolled the area immediately after a stabbing in Paris on July 27, 2026. (Kenzo Tribouillard/Getty Images)

French outlet “Le Figaro” reported his utterances translated to “it is Allah who commanded me” as police sources told the outlet the suspect has an “unbalanced” profile.

While many observers, including on X, immediately pointed to Islamic terrorism, French Interior Minister Laurent Nunez said he wanted to be “very careful about the motive for this violent act,” pointing to the suspect’s “incoherent remarks.”

Another translation of the exchange quotes one man as responding, “there is no Allah, bro,” after the suspect allegedly attributed the stabbing to Allah, while another person says the crowd must “stampede this son of a b—-.”

“No, seriously, he’s crazy,” a third person is quoted as saying in French.

“He stabbed my girl here,” a woman says in French.

The suspect reportedly attacked women at the Two Domes brewery in the Porte de Clichy section of the French capital.

French stabbing attack suspect

This man, pictured, is suspected in carrying out a stabbing attack in Paris on Monday. (Reuters/Screenshot)

Two victims were listed in “absolute emergency” condition, while the third was listed in “relative emergency” condition, according to local press.

Reuters reported it had verified imagery of the suspect stabbing one woman while holding a knife in each hand.

The Paris-area attack comes two days after six men were arrested for “suspicion of murder” in connection with the stabbing of a 22-year-old man in Clapham, southwest London, United Kingdom, last week.

Metropolitan Police told the BBC the victim died after being stabbed at around 4:30 a.m. local time Saturday near Clapham High Street.

In Berlin, one person was pronounced dead and 29 were wounded after a suspect — later killed by German police — allegedly drove a vehicle into the public gathering.

The suspect in that case, Abdul Ballout, had German citizenship but “Lebanese roots,” according to the Associated Press.

The outlet reported German officials are considering whether it was an act of Islamic extremism.

The cascade of violent incidents comes months after the White House released a National Security Strategy warning of “civilizational erasure” in Europe due to mass migration and demographic shifts, while highlighting a spate of terror attacks carried out by migrants.

Stabbing attack in Paris

French police work a crime scene in Paris on July 27, 2026, following a stabbing attack. (Kenzo Tribouillard/Getty Images)

The White House pointed to a range of European data to support the administration’s concerns, citing studies showing asylum migration costing the Netherlands €475,000 per migrant, illegal immigration costing France €1.8 billion in 2023 and non-Western migrants committing disproportionate shares of violent crime in Denmark and Germany.

The immigration status of the suspects in the three most recent attacks was not immediately confirmed.